Posts Tagged ‘marketing’
Internet marketing is exciting, challenging, and confusing. It can make or break your internet business career and yet many people who depend on internet marketing don’t have a full grasp of the essentials involved in internet marketing.
In fact, many internet entrepreneurs waste a great deal of time, energy, and momentum because they do not fully understand internet marketing. Don’t let this lack of understanding undermine your income potential.
In order for you to better understand internet marketing and its impact on your internet business you must know the answers to these three key questions:
1. What Is Internet Marketing?
2. What Is The Cost Of Internet Marketing?
3. What Is The Benefit of Internet Marketing?
What Is Internet Marketing?
Marketing is actually rather simple. Marketing is communication about an idea, product, service, or organization. Marketing therefore encompasses advertising, promotion and sales as well as the various techniques and forms of communication used to advertise, promote and sell.
Marketing is broader than simple advertising or promotion in that it includes researching the market to learn what consumers want and then setting out to meet their needs with the appropriate product, price, and distribution method. Marketing includes market research, deciding on products and prices, advertising promoting distributing and selling.
Marketing also covers all the activities involved in moving products and services from the source to the end user including making customers aware of products and services, attracting new customers to a product or service, keeping existing customers interested in a product or service, and building and maintaining a customer base for a product or service.
Internet marketing includes these same activities but also pulls in various internet tools including web sites, email, ezines, banner advertising, blogging, RSS, text links, search engine optimization, affiliates, autoresponders, and other ecommerce applications.
What Is The Cost Of Internet Marketing?
The range of expenses for internet marketing is huge. There are a number of promotional and marketing ventures that can cost you nothing or only pennies a day while other advertising efforts can cost you thousands a day.
It is important to consider your goals — both long-term and short-term — as well as how much each prospective customer is worth to you. This will help you determine a workable budget for your internet marketing campaign.
Many internet promotions are free, you can set up a web site and/or blog for $250 a year, and you can buy text links for $10 a month. You could easily spend $25-50 a day for advertising but there are many cheaper ad options available.
The best program is to start small and cheap and slowly build as you test and learn what is successful for your market and product. There is no perfect acvertising solution that works wonders for everyone. Each marketer and each product has a different formula.
What Is The Benefit of Internet Marketing?
Internet marketing offers more benefits than many traditional marketing mediums. The very nature of web sites and blogs is that they continue working to promote and market your product long after your initial marketing effort is over. Similarly many advertising efforts, such as ezines, newsletters, banners, and text links also continue to increase in power over time.
Email marketing can be a tremendous surge in contacts and sales and offers the ability to personalize your message as well as reach a targeted audience so your chance for sales goes up exponentially.
The other tremendous benefit of internet marketing is that it offers convenience and immediate satisfaction. Your potential customer sees your marketing message when it is convenient for them — and often when they are seeking information about your specific topic. Then you offer them the ability to act on that interest right then. They can locate your product and buy in the time it would take to watch a commercial on television or turn a page in the newspaper. That is the power of internet marketing.
Now that you have the answers to these three key questions, you are ready to begin your own internet marketing campaign — and succeed with your internet venture.
the Internet becomes even more pervasive, the importance of search engine optimization continues to grow.You can make the most of your Internet marketing efforts by following the same steps that top ranking sites do for improvinge their rankings.You may think that top ranking sites have to spend lots of money to get there.The truth is that sites who come out on top, follow some basic search engine optimization guidelines.These guidelines are easy to follow and often cost little or nothing to put into practice.
1. Manually register your site with DMOZ, also known as the Open Directory Project.The Open Directory Project is the largest, most comprehensive human-edited directory of the Web. It is constructed and maintained by a vast, global community of volunteer editors and feeds other leading web directories.
2. Manually submit your site to Google.If you’d like to wait, Google will eventually spider your site and return it in search result listings related to your site name and keywords.However, this may take some time.For faster inclusion, visit Google and submit your site manually.
3. Purchase a listing with Yahoo! Directory Submit.Yahoo! like Google provides many search products.However, Directory Submit is essential for any business on the web. For a fee of $299 Yahoo! will include your web site in their directory that fuels websites like Yahoo!, MSN and AltaVista.
4. Make sure you are using keywords with a high KEI.This measure takes into consideration both the popularity and competitiveness of your keywords.By focusing on keywords with a higher KEI, you can optimize your chance for search engines to select your site for keywords at little or no expense.
5. Engage in a link building campaign.The more links you have to your site, especially if they have a high Google Page Rank, will signal Google and other search engines that your site is important.A great way to do this is through article submission or affiliate programs.
6. Make your site easily to crawl.Search engine do not like dynamic pages.Although this is changing with the advent of Google Site Maps, it is still important to ensure that all search engines can easily traverse your website.Make sure to use HTML coding and avoid dynamically created pages.
7. Be patient.Once you follow these suggestions, allow search engines time to re-index your site.In the Internet age, we’re looking for instant results.However, it does take some time for all of your search engine optimization techniques to take hold.
By implementing the suggestions we’ve discussed in this article, your search engine optimization efforts can generate positive returns.As the world of search engines continue to evolve, it’s important to learn about the latest techniques and requirements for improving search engine results.Continue to focus on SEO.If you do, you’ll find yourself at the top of the rankings!
Almost everyone including many business owners and internet marketing professionals are in constant search for the fastest and easiest way to increase page rank. This is indeed a requirement of Internet marketing so that you can make more and more people see your page. Just to make it clear to all who may not know about page ranking, it is a number assigned by Google according to their secret algorithm which decides how high a page is placed in the search results. You may please understand that what it actually comes to ranking in search results, the page rank number is not the only thing that affects a rank.
There are a couple different ways to determine the page rank of a specific web page. To do this, you must either use a web browser that displays the page rank data, or go to a site where, by entering the url of a page you are concerned with, and get its page rank. A problem of accuracy occurs, being that the page rank numbers you find are out-dated. The page rank number you see comes from the last time the public display of the page rank algorithm was updated, and in most cases there can be an interval of many months since the last update. So, in many cases, the page rank numbers, as used by Google for instance, are not accurate.
Despite these problems, page rank is the most visible aspect we have to understand how Google ranks pages in the search results. Please note I said ranks pages, not sites! Each page stands on it’s own to a great extent, though there is some belief that it may be considered in the context of the reputation of the whole site. At the least the page rank of any page can be affected by the page rank of other pages on that site which link to it.
So there is a very simple answer to the question of how to increase page rank rapidly. However, you must first understand what most people think is the basis of page rank. Page rank is in many ways a popularity contest on the internet. It believed to be based upon the number of links to your page and the popularity of the pages that link to you. In other words the more links, or votes, you get to your site the better in general. The higher the page rank of the pages that link to you, the more valuable they are to your page rank.
So here is the answer to how to increase page rank rapidly. You have to get as many good quality links to your page that are relevant to the content of your page as you can. It is just that simple. There are many ways to get links including, reciprocal linking with other sites, posting on blogs and forums, article marketing, and press releases just to name a few.