Archive for the ‘Web Design’ Category
How? Here it is…
1. Conceptualize an idea. Think what you like your future website to be. What audience will you cater? Everything you do must redound to their fulfillment. They will be visiting to get what they need. Be sure that their needs are answered. That way they will be satisfied and will keep coming for more. Not only that, they can recommend your site to their friends if they find it functional and nice.
2. Find a host. Having a host is not that expensive. In fact you can get one at $70 for two years. However, if you don want to spend a single penny, there are lots of sites that are hosting for free. The only consideration is that their banner must be placed in your site. That for one is a great deal, isn’t it?
3. Start with your first page. Do the layout and design your first page. It will be easier and better if you have basic knowledge in HTML. Though there are hundreds of What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editors, but you will create a better site using HTML. There are tutorial sections available online. Take advantage on them and apply your knowledge to the web design you are creating.
4. Edit your page. Observe the loading and the navigation. Are they doing well? How about the web design, is it pleasing to the eyes? Are the fonts readable? Is the content helpful? Are there errors in spelling and grammar? Better check all these little details. They may be tiny details but they make up the whole website. Be careful in dealing with them. If there is a need to redo the page do it. It will be disastrous if you are displaying a total trash.
5. Do the rest of the pages. The goal is to attract visitors, keep them and to gain more.
Edit, proofread and edit more. It pays off to have everything in order. Never sacrifice the quality of your website. It is your frontline. It is the one capable of attracting visitors that makes your business sell.
6. Submit the pages to your host. After you are done with the pages and the editing, you can submit them to your host. Wait for it to be shown in the net. Do not forget to update the pages regularly. You have to be updated in order not to lose your target market. Otherwise, they will look for a better site that can satisfy their needs. You don’t want that to happen, do you?
You may not realize it but your site is already done. Easy as your ABC’s!
If you are a business that is opting for a website that services a local area – for example, Toronto, then you need to get a website built that is custom and represents your geographical target. The best options for such custom templates would be a website design Toronto company well experienced in creating sites for local businesses and service providers. Before choosing a company, it is wise to do a cost–benefit analysis in accordance to the budget for a design project. Fortunately, more & more businesses have started to realize that money spent on a quality website not wasted, but rather invested.
After a custom website design template is made it is probably best to determine whether the company offers SEO services as perhaps delivering your content in a competitive local industry is one of the hardest things to do. A strong search engine optimization campaign will ensure that you are able to not only get your website across to your potential customers, but as well as the products & services that you offer. A website is just like a showroom, outlet or an office branch – but instead of a brick and mortar store, it is online. Therefore the way you present your store at a physical location and the way you market & promote it in order to get customers, similar techniques need to be applied in an online sphere as well.
Social media is a platform that is being used by essentially everyone that is on the internet today. Advertisers over the years have tried various strategies to leverage these platforms in order to get the message across for one of their product or service. However, many advertisers underestimate the power of understanding design and functionality of these platforms. With the help of a website design company that is well versed in not just design, but as well as the technicalities of internet web design and programming languages, a social media marketing campaign can become a highly successful venture for any business.
Some key aspects of social media marketing begin right from the strategy and brand planning phase. This means that whichever platform your business will be leveraging, you need to understand how you can design your campaign to fit into that social media tool, as well as deliver the image and message of what your brand projects. Another aspect of social media advertising & marketing is the whole notion of engagement. On a Facebook Fan Page for example, you would definitely want to hire someone who could monitor activity and leave remarks, comments or replies to followers so that they feel that they are engaging with the company itself. This will create a sense of belonging to a part of a larger community and build customer loyalty.
The same applies for a social networking tool such as Twitter. Your design company should be able to create you a custom background for your account and give it a more customized look and feel. Beyond that, you need to be updating your Twitter account regularly and engaging with your followers or even non-followers for that matter, on a daily basis. With continuous engagement and promotional activities, your social media marketing is bound to be a success.